[alsa-devel] Codec "virtual multiplexer" representation

Andreas Dannenberg dannenberg at ti.com
Thu Feb 18 06:30:21 CET 2016

On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 05:02:47PM +0100, Petr Kulhavy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm writing an ASoC driver for the  TAS5721 amplifier.
> This 2.1 amplifier provides a complex configuration of the audio channels
> (3), PWMs(4) and output(4) mappings.
> However only few (about 6) configurations really make sense.

Petr,
on a related note, I'm currently working on a combined driver (85%
complete) for TAS5720/TAS5722 which are nice but relatively simple
Class-D mono amplifiers. Despite almost having the same P/N there is
little to no similarity with TAS5721 (which gives a another example why
one should be careful with wildcard 'x' in driver names) so there is no
case for a combined driver here but let's make sure we align our
namespace to avoid collision:

tas5720.[c|h] - Driver for TAS5720/TAS5722 (WIP by Andreas)
tas5721.[c|h] - Driver for TAS5721 (WIP by Petr)

Regards,

--
Andreas Dannenberg
Texas Instruments Inc