[alsa-devel] [RFC v1 7/9] ASoC: msm8x16: Add sound mixer controls.

Srinivas Kandagatla srinivas.kandagatla at linaro.org
Wed Feb 17 11:58:02 CET 2016

Thanks for your comments on the patch series.

On 16/02/16 20:21, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 05:33:28PM +0000, Srinivas Kandagatla wrote:
>
>> +static const char * const msm8x16_wcd_spk_boost_ctrl_text[] = {
>> +		"DISABLE", "ENABLE"};
>
> On/off switches should be presented to usersrpace as on/off switches
> with "Switch" at the end of their name not as SHOUTING enums.  The
> indentation and brace placement are also weird here.
>
> I'm going to stop reviewing at this point.  It really feels like this
> code could benefit from taking a look at some modern CODEC drivers and
> following the ways they do things, there appear to be a lot of these
> issues throughout the series.

I totally agree with you on this and all the comments in the patchset,
TBH this driver was forward ported from msm-3.10 Andriod kernel, My Idea
was to retain most of code bits from that driver but it looks its a very
bad Idea to start with.

I will relook into the modern codec drivers and rewrite the driver to be
inline with them.

Thanks,
srini