[alsa-devel] Usb audio - unsuported sampling rates

Jacobson a_jacobson_1991 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 12 14:59:15 CET 2016

Gordon Dilan <gordon.dilan <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hello Daniel,
>
> Thank you very much for your help and sorry for the late answer. I was
> without internet access for the last few days.
>
> I have tried the patch that you sent me(with a minor modification:
> fp->rate_max(instead of min) = 48000; ).
> If I try to record using 48kHz and then playback, it will playback in
"fast
> speed", voices being recorded as "chipmunks".
> Only at 16000Hz it records at "normal speed".

Hi Daniel and Gordon,

Sorry for posting on such an old thread. I have recently started using the
PlayStation Eye for audio processing and I have run into the same issue of
ALSA only allowing the device to capture at 16khz sampling rate when it
should be capable of 48khz. Your last post indicates that even with a
patch, the device only sampled at 16khz and just played the samples faster.
I am just wondering if either of you came up with a solution to this
problem? Was it ever possible to record at a 48khz?

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jacobson.