[alsa-devel] bytcr_rt5651 on wintron 7.0

Pierre-Louis Bossart pierre-louis.bossart at linux.intel.com
Wed Feb 3 19:17:15 CET 2016

On 2/3/16 5:17 AM, Tobias Schramm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm tinkering on the wintron 7.0 together with Tobias Mädel and have
> tested your patch with your UCM config on Linux 4.5.0-rc2. It looks like
> we are getting somewhere. The soundcard is now being recognized by ALSA.
> But there are still some errors in  that seem to be related to the audio
> driver.
> As soon as I try to output any sound I get an error:
> [   88.906739] intel_sst_acpi 80860F28:00: fw download failed -16
> [   88.909262] intel_sst_acpi 80860F28:00: FW download fail -16
> [   88.948434]  Audio Port: ASoC: no backend DAIs enabled for Audio Port
>
> Does anybody have an idea why the sound chip is not responding and the
> fw download timeouts?
>
> I've uploaded dmesg, lsmod and tree /proc/asound output here:
> https://github.com/TobleMiner/wintron7.0/tree/master/logs/4.5.0-rc2-ARCH-tsys-audio-intel-dirty

It's very likely that you have a BYT-CR device where the BIOS folks
modified the order of interrupts which causes the IPC/download issue. If
this was correct you would also need to use the SSP0 interface since
SSP2 isn't available on the BYT-CR package. I have a set of patches for
BYT-CR that are still being worked on, i will try to share what I have
shortly and could use some help to double-check them before sending them
to Mark, I only have one BYT-CR device (ASUS T100TAF) which is not fully
working.