[alsa-devel] Stream format conversion in SoC driver

Giedrius Trainavičius giedrius.trainavicius at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 22:23:37 CET 2016

Unfortunately the 'volumealsa' widget used by Raspbian does not support
'plug' in .asoundrc... (
https://github.com/raspberrypi/lxpanel/blob/master/plugins/volumealsa/volumealsa.c)
It hardcodes default device to type 'hw'.

I hoped I could get transcoding getting done within the kernel space, then
no changes to Raspbian's 'volumealsa' would be needed...

Is there any other way possible?

Thank you,
Giedrius.