[alsa-devel] [alsa-utils] alsaucm should come with a man page

Antonio Ospite ao2 at ao2.it
Mon Aug 8 18:30:41 CEST 2016

On Wed, 03 Aug 2016 17:57:49 +0200
Takashi Iwai <tiwai at suse.de> wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Jul 2016 11:48:28 +0200,
> Antonio Ospite wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I used alsaucm to test mixer use cases for an Intel Baytrail tablet, I
> > wanted to use bare alsa before bringing pulseaudio in, and it took some
> > time to get my head around it.
[...]
> > However, my point is that a man page explaining these things can make
> > the life easier to new users.
> >
> > It would be better if alsa/UCM developers wrote the man page, but if no
> > one steps up I guess I could draft a first version myself.
>
> Go ahead, please post your draft version.  That's already helpful.

OK, I will.

The first version will be in a readable text format (maybe asciidoc),
this makes writing and reviewing the content a lot easier.

Then, if depending on an external tool to generate the man page
automatically is not acceptable for alsa-utils, I will format the
approved content manually following the style used in the man pages of
the other alsa programs.

Thanks,
   Antonio

--