[alsa-devel] iMX6UL EVK with kernel 4.6

Petr Kulhavy brain at jikos.cz
Sat Apr 30 13:18:55 CEST 2016

Hi,

I'm trying to run the latest mainline kernel 4.6 on the iMX6UL EVK. The
board mostly works and the only problem is audio.
Even though the sound card is detected and the ALSA mixer can be
controlled there is no MCLK coming out of the SAI2 interface.
All the related peripherals in the DTS (pinmux, SAI2, sound card, codec)
seem to be set-up correctly, I also tried out various things like
disabling the ASRC, but without success and I'm slowly running out of ideas.

Could somebody give me a hint please, what is different to the Freescale
kernel branch where the MCLK works?
By the way, why aren't the Freescale patches merged to the mainline kernel?

Thanks
Petr