[alsa-devel] Intel SST baytrail audio on PIPO W6

Bharath Ghanta gbh at mail.bharath-g.in
Mon Apr 25 18:38:02 CEST 2016

Hi,

  I am trying to get audio working on PIPO W6 tablet. I was following
this thread [1] in my efforts to get audio working. Initially i was not
getting any interrupts. I changed the interrupt order as described in
the thread and was able to get interrupts and successfully load the
firmware. I also ran the amixer commands described in [2]. Now I am
just getting a clicking sound whenever something plays.

Pierre-Louis said something about playing with the DAI links and
swapping the codec connections here [3]. Can anybody explain to me how
its done ? I tried to enable other switches in alsamixer using the
below commands but nothing worked.

amixer -c0 sset 'codec_out1 mix 0 pcm0_in' on

I mailed the manufacturer asking for the schematics of the audio chip
and the android source code for this device but got no response.

I also tried the ssp0 firmware but i got no sound instead of the
clicking sound i was getting with the default firmware.

I have the exact problem as the guy in this thread. [4]

Thanks,
Bharath

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.alsa.devel/134554
[2] http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2015-June/0940