[alsa-devel] A&H Zed R16 not completely working (DICE Jr)

Takashi Sakamoto o-takashi at sakamocchi.jp
Wed Apr 20 17:21:53 CEST 2016

Hi,

On Apr 20 2016 23:31, Allan Klinbail wrote:
> Using kernel 4.4.0 from Ubuntu
>
> The ALSA driver limited the device to only 16 inputs and outputs, however
> it has a total capability of 26
> This is comprises of 16 inputs and outputs on the desk channels, a stereo
> main pair of outputs and inputs for the master bus
> 8 additional ins and outs to support the ADAT ports on the back (availoable
> in 44.1 and 48 khz modes, but not 88.2 or 96 Khz

This is fixed in Linux kernel 4.6.
http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2016-March/105462.html

The backported codes are available in my private repository. After
installing, You can see two PCM character devices to handle these PCM
channels.
https://github.com/takaswie/snd-firewire-improve

To clarify the capabilities of your model, please show me output of proc
node, like

$ cat /proc/asound/card1/dice
sections:
  global: offset 10, size 95