[alsa-devel] Issues with ALSA:ice1724 sound cards on powerpc machines

Julian Margetson runaway at candw.ms
Wed Apr 20 13:44:02 CEST 2016

On 4/11/2016 6:14 PM, Julian Margetson wrote:
> On 4/11/2016 1:32 PM, Julian Margetson wrote:

>>> Perhaps the ice1724 driver was not even tested properly with the
>>> AC97 codec. Do we know of any separate PCI ice1724 card with this
>>> codec?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Pavel Hofman.
>>>

>> The second board mentioned , the Aeon Cyrus ,uses a P5020 so is cache
>> coherent .
>> The problem may be in the initialization of the sound card as on some
>> boots with my board , an Acube Sam460ex, it works perfectly. I have
>> tested a CMI8738 pciex1 sound card which works perfectly as do USB
>> cm108 based external cards .
>>
>> I also have a PCI ice1724 version of the card  (never used in this
>> machine) as well as 2 different pciex1  ice1724 cards with the codec .
>> The Sam460ex only has 1 pci slot normally used for the SATA card and
>> 1 shared pcie or SATA II.
>> I could test with  the pci card by booting from USB .
>> So either configure as 1 pciex1 slot or 1 on board SATA II .
>> I am helping to test the onboard sata-dwc but am happy to test any
>> ideas for a solution to the audio issues as well.
>> Will mean reconfiguring my machine back an forth but worth it for
>> solutions in both areas .
>>
>> Regards
>> Julian
>>

> This is the pci model .
>
> http://www.amazon.com/SIIG-Soundwave-5-1-Pci-lp-LP-000022-S2/dp/B0036VNVWE

I tried one of my pciex1 cards in an x86 machine and am seeing the same
issue. so
looks like it is not only powerpc related.

This is the model in the x86 machine.
http://www.auto-gadget.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=48531

This is the model in my powerpc machine
http://www.nextwarehouse.com/item/?1166624_g10e