[alsa-devel] Tascam US-122L - Corrupt USB descriptor

Simon Wood simon at mungewell.org
Thu Apr 14 18:20:26 CEST 2016

On Thu, April 14, 2016 1:35 am, Clemens Ladisch wrote:
> Simon Wood wrote:
>
>> The card shows up under '/proc/asound/cards', but only as Midi.
>>

> Apparently, there is no PCM device. This driver creates a special
> hardware-dependent device which is intended to be used with the Jack driver
> "usb_stream".
>

> It might be possible to use the ALSA "usb_stream" plugin:
> <http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Matrix:Module-usb-us122l>

I have this '.asoundrc' file (made before previous postings), but that
does not seem to make a usable card.

I'm expecting that a PCM device should /just/ appear under 'aplay -l', but
that is not happening. Perhaps there is a step I am missing, or I am just
confused about what qualifies a 'working' US-122L.

Do I need to be using a specific version of (userland) Alsa?

It would be nice to get a 'nod' from a person who has the US-122L workin
on their system. But I do appreciate Clemens' help and guidance,
Simon.