[alsa-devel] Can we re-use dw-hdmi-ahb-audio ?

Kuninori Morimoto kuninori.morimoto.gx at renesas.com
Thu Apr 14 11:08:24 CEST 2016

Hi

I know we already have dw-hdmi-ahb-audio.c which is based on
normal ALSA style, but I would like to use it as ASoC.
I'm thinking that we can separate this existing dw-hdmi-ahb-audio driver
into "common parts" and ahb "specific parts", and share common parts with ASoC,
like below, but what do you think ?

dw-hdmi-audio.c		: dw-hdmi audio common function set
dw-hdmi-ahb-audio.c	: dw-hdmi audio for ahb,  using dw-hdmi-audio.c
dw-hdmi-soc-audio.c	: dw-hdmi audio for ASoC, using dw-hdmi-audio.c