[alsa-devel] Tascam US-122L - Corrupt USB descriptor

Clemens Ladisch clemens at ladisch.de
Wed Apr 13 11:01:20 CEST 2016

Simon Wood wrote:
> I have been struggling for the past few days to get a Tascam US-122L (USB
> sound-card/midi interface) working, despite reading numerous forum
> postings I have only been able to get the midi portion working.

Does it show up with "aplay -l"?

> I note that the USB descriptor seems to be corrupt. It declares 2
> interfaces, but then describes 3 separate with the same interface number
> for the last 2.

The descriptors describe two alternate settings for the same interface.
This is a feature, which is required for audio devices.

>   iManufacturer           1 (error)				<------ Here be Errors!
>   iProduct                2 (error)
>   iSerial                 3 (error)

It's possible that lsusb does not have the permissions needed to send
the messages to ask for the strings.  Try running it as root.

Regards,
Clemens