[alsa-devel] CircuitCo AudioCape and 4.4.6-bone-rt-r7 kernel, not quite there

Rick Mann rmann at latencyzero.com
Thu Apr 7 00:52:13 CEST 2016

I'm thinking my problems are more ALSA-related than Beaglebone-specific. I wonder if anyone can help. With kernel 4.4.6-bone-rt-r7, and the CircuitCo AudioCape, I get a sound card in the system, but speaker-test reports errors (Unable to set hw params for playback: Invalid argument). I may have issues in various ALSA config settings; I'm hoping someone here can help me by showing me what to look at and change.

The CODEC is a tlv320aic3104.

Thanks!

-----------
# aplay -l
card 0: B [AudioCape Rev B], device 0: davinci-mcasp.0-tlv320aic3x-hifi tlv320aic3x-hifi-0 []
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

-----------
# speaker-test

speaker-test 1.0.28

Playback device is default
Stream parameters are 48000Hz, S16_LE, 1 channels
Using 16 octaves of pink noise
Rate set to 48000Hz (requested 48000Hz)
Buffer size range from 16 to 32768
Period size range from 8 to 16384
Using max buffer size 32768
Periods = 4
Unable to set hw params for playback: Invalid argument
Setting of hwparams failed: Invalid argument

-----
More info:

My DTB: http://pastebin.com/Wja7ZQRk
and DTBO: https://github.com/RobertCNelson/bb.org-overlays/blob/master/src/arm/BB-BONE-AUDI-02-00A0.dts

Results of speaker-test, aplay, etc.:

http://pastebin.com/mMPbReAV

One possibility, ALSA is still not configured correctly for this cape, but I wonder if anyone has the right configuration for it?

Thanks!

--
Rick Mann
rmann at latencyzero.com