[alsa-devel] Zoom R16/24 playback slient

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Wed Sep 30 11:45:45 CEST 2015

On 09/30/2015 11:05 AM, Ricard Wanderlof wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Sep 2015, Panu Matilainen wrote:
[...]
>> Another finding from my last round in the spring I do remember clearly,
>> is that enabling both the input and output interfaces makes things hang
>> up (timeouts and nothing really works). But if you disable the input
>> interface and enable the output interface, you get an apparently working
>> playback stream. Only no sound comes out. If you disable the output and
>> enable input, capture itself works fine.
>
> Ok, thanks for that tidbit, I'd read about problems with simulatenous
> capture and playback in previous threads; I thought perhaps (hopefully...)
> the only remaining issue was the silent playback.

Forgot to clarify this: I actually thought the silent playback was the
only remaining issue when submitting the patch, but later realized I
only ever had one of the interfaces enabled at a time to avoid any
side-effects, and apparently never bothered to check with both since the
playback was not really working anyway.

	- Panu -