[alsa-devel] [Alsa-user] snd-usb-caiaq (NI Maschine Mikro) device not recognised by alsa

Daniel Mack daniel at zonque.org
Mon Sep 21 19:09:10 CEST 2015

On 09/19/2015 11:20 AM, sypwex wrote:
> ow, sorry! I not mentioned that there is no PID of Maschine Mikro
> (0x1110) in caiaq device list
> _https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/v4.2/sound/usb/caiaq/device.h_
>
> yes there is some endless dump from usbhid but I don't know how to deal
> with it
> $sudo usbhid-dump --entity=all --address=1:15
> http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=KC96ERSV (300KiB)
>
> ok, I've tried to extend the driver and end up with following doodad
> https://github.com/krasnobaev/linux/commits/feature/caiaq-mmikro-1
> for every commit I've generated dmesg log
> _http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=pJzdAyf4_

Maschine Mikro is a class compliant USB device which implements a
completely different protocol compared to the old devices. The
snd-usb-caiaq driver is unsuitable of handling and of the details
exposed by device, so this approach is definitely a dead end.

What does 'lsusb -v' show when you plug in the device?

Thanks,
Daniel