[alsa-devel] Test device for automated testing

Uli Franke uli.franke at weiss.ch
Wed Sep 16 14:32:58 CEST 2015

Hi everybody,

we're currently writing a lot of ALSA user space applications. In order
to test this code with our unit testing and other test environments we'd
like to know if there's a dummy PCM device which provides the
fundamental operations like reading/writing and setting the common
hardware parameters. It doesn't even have to supply some useful
functionality like loop back or similar.

Neither the docs nor the goo led us to something useful.

Thanks and regards
Uli