[alsa-devel] print audio ring buffer in kernel space

Ankhit Vivekananda ankhit.vivekananda at biscotti.com
Thu Oct 29 19:03:06 CET 2015

Hello,

I am trying to print the ring buffer used for DMA transfer using ALSA in
kernel space. I was able to print the ring buffer in user space after
calling the snd_pcm_readi() function. But, wanted to know as to which file
I need to be looking at to print the hardware buffer in kernel space as I
am trying to debug capturing audio using ALSA.

I am using a MCBSP I2S on TM320DM365 processor and CQ93 on chip voice codec
driver.

Appreciate any help as I am new to ALSA.

Thank you.