[alsa-devel] No sound after suspend-to-ram

Kailang kailang at realtek.com
Mon Oct 26 04:20:26 CET 2015

Hi George,

I think your machine had the I2C codec for speaker. I will check it with our AE.
BIOS fill the verb table for initial I2C part  to enable speaker function.
But Linux didn't know this feature.
So, when you enter to suspend state, the codec hiden register will return to default value.
When you resume, speaker will no sound.
Because driver need to fill the initial verb for I2C codec. But Linux didn't do it.
This says Dell had not support this machine for Linux OS.
If this support Linux OS, Ubuntu will request this from me.

This case just need to fill two registers for turn on speaker.
I could make a patch for this.

BR,
Kailang