[alsa-devel] Roland/Edirol M-16DX

Ricard Wanderlof ricard.wanderlof at axis.com
Fri Oct 23 16:44:57 CEST 2015

On Fri, 23 Oct 2015, Clemens Ladisch wrote:

> Ricard Wanderlof wrote:
> > I seem to recall reading posts not to long ago that refer to using an
> > implicit feedback path; my question is, was this in fact implemented,
>
> Yes, for USB Audio 2.0 devices.
>
> > meaning that a device like the M-16DX should function as expected also for
> > playback?
>
> There is some bug in the code that should detect such Roland devices.

I'm not sure what you mean, is there a bug that fails to detect when it is
necessary to use implcit feedback specifically when using Roland devices?

So that when using an M-16DX despite the endpoint desciptor specifying
Asynchronous and Implicit feedback it fails to enable that mode?

E.g. something related to the fact that these devices need entries in the
quirks table rather than being class compliant?

/Ricard