[alsa-devel] BAT: why MAX_NUMBER_OF_CHANNELS and CHANNEL_MAX separate?

Caleb Crome caleb at crome.org
Tue Oct 20 19:39:27 CEST 2015

On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 8:48 AM, Takashi Iwai <tiwai at suse.de> wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Oct 2015 17:41:13 +0200,
> Liam Girdwood wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 2015-10-20 at 08:36 -0700, Caleb Crome wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >    I'm starting to bring up BAT on my board to see if it's going to work for me.
>> >
>> > I'm starting from https://github.com/hanlui/bat, is that the correct
>> > place to start from?
>>
>> I think that's Han's old git repo. He has a dev branch here :-
>>
>> https://github.com/01org/bat
>>
>> and bat support is now also in alsa-utils git too.
>
> Right, please follow alsa-utils git repo for avoiding confusion.
>

> Takashi
Wait, should I use
  https://github.com/01org/bat
or
 git://git.alsa-project.org/alsa-utils.git

I'm trying to compile git://git.alsa-project.org/alsa-utils.git, but
having a terrible time getting everything to compile.

After running the ./gitcompile script, I get a few warning/error
messages but it does finally generate a ./configure script.  However,
./configure fails with the following:

# ./configure
checking for pthread_create in -lpthread... yes
checking for librt... checking for clock_gettime in -lrt... yes
checking for xmlto... yes
./configure: line 7984: udev: command not found
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
./configure: line 8119: syntax error near unexpected token `NCURSESW,'
./configure: line 8119: `        PKG_CHECK_MODULES(NCURSESW, ncursesw,'

Both git repos have the same issue for me.

I'm running on an arm (Freescale i.MX6)
aclocal version 1.15, gettextize version 0.19.6, autoheader version
2.69, automake version 1.15, autoconf version 2.69,

BTW, on the OP, it appears that MAX_NUMBER_OF_CHANNELS has already been removed.

Thanks,
-Caleb