[alsa-devel] BAT: why MAX_NUMBER_OF_CHANNELS and CHANNEL_MAX separate?

Caleb Crome caleb at crome.org
Tue Oct 20 17:36:01 CEST 2015

Hi,
   I'm starting to bring up BAT on my board to see if it's going to work for me.

I'm starting from https://github.com/hanlui/bat, is that the correct
place to start from?

I'm bringing up a 16 channel board, so need BAT to support more
channels (currently it supports only 2).

bat/include/common.h has the following defines:

#define MAX_NUMBER_OF_CHANNELS          2
#define CHANNEL_MAX                     2
#define CHANNEL_MIN                     1

Is there any reason we need both MAX_NUMBER_OF_CHANNELS and
CHANNEL_MAX?  They sure seem like they can be merged to me.

Once I get the program up and running, I'll add the ramp test, and
start thinking about the other tests we talked about.

Thanks,
 -Caleb