[alsa-devel] HDMI codec, way forward?

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Fri Oct 16 14:43:45 CEST 2015

On Fri, 16 Oct 2015 14:31:43 +0200,
Lars-Peter Clausen wrote:

> On 10/16/2015 01:50 PM, Jyri Sarha wrote:
> > After reading the ELCE Audio mini conf minutes [1] I gather that HDMI
> > audio was not discussed after all.
>
> It was discussed, but rather shortly and only in the context of the HDA.
> (Adding Vinod to Cc, who presented yet another approach to the problem last
> week)

Or maybe Mengdong?  In anyway, HD-audio/i915 has already some hooks in
component to communicate between graphics and audio stacks.  The
direct ELD passing is still missing but easy to implement on its top
(there was a patchset in the past).

Note that these are suppose to be a stop gap until the final solid
common infrastructure is built up.