[alsa-devel] HDMI codec, way forward?

Jyri Sarha jsarha at ti.com
Fri Oct 16 13:50:26 CEST 2015

After reading the ELCE Audio mini conf minutes [1] I gather that HDMI
audio was not discussed after all.

My conclusion from the Lars-Peter's latest mail [2] related to the
subject is that the wind is currently blowing slightly in favour of my
version of the hdmi codec [3], or at least not in favour of Arnaud's
version [4].

So how should we proceed? Are we still waiting for some feedback from
DRM/video side?

There was not too many clear suggestions to my latest patch series
[3], so I do not see too much point in sending yet another version of
that series.

Arnaud, if I'd try to make a patch series that would implement sti
HDMI audio with my HDMI codec, would you be willing try that out?

Best regards,
Jyri

[1]
http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2015-October/098847.html