[alsa-devel] Audio Mini Summit 2015, 8th October, Dublin

Mark Brown broonie at kernel.org
Wed Oct 7 17:20:47 CEST 2015

On Mon, Oct 05, 2015 at 12:17:52AM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
> [This message is BCCed to everyone currently on the signup list]
>
> As previously announce the audio mini-summit for this year will be this
> Thursday (8th August) at CCD in Dublin.  Topics we currently have on the
> list for discussion are:

Current list:

 - Power saving and general system design decisions (is what we're doing
   lining up with modern hardware with things like multiple output
   streams?).
 - Documentation.
 - alsa-lib releae plans.
 - What to do with HDMI and its integration with graphics.
 - Test tools (Intel BAT and others).
 - BATCH flag.
 - Fuzz control PCM APIs.
 - Splitting out root only controls.
 - ACPI simple-card and general generic card support.
 - Topology & media controller integration.
 - Kernel tinification.
 - Android <-> alsa-lib configuration translation.
 - HDA restructuring.
  - Support for DisplayPort MST.
 - PCM core simplification - the code is currently quite complex!
 - Soundwire driver support plans.
 - ASoC multichannel.
 - Random DAPM changes.