[alsa-devel] How is /proc/asound/cardX/eld#Y.Z generated?

VDR User user.vdr at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 06:21:57 CEST 2015

Hi. I was wondering if someone can tell me how exactly the eld files
are generated. Additionally, if they can be overridden somehow. The
reason is if I start x while my tv is turned on, the eld reports only
stereo audio capability for hdmi even though the tv is plugged into my
surround receiver. I don't care what the tv reports, my surround
receiver is 7.1 so I always want the eld to reflect my -actual- audio
channel setup.

Thanks.