[alsa-devel] Boss GT-001

Keith A. Milner maillist at superlative.org
Tue Oct 6 21:58:01 CEST 2015

OK, so it seems that this hardware is substantially the same as the GT-100
which has previously (and recently) been raised as a problem on ALSA.

Clemens Ladisch wrote:
> Aaron Spike wrote:
> > On Sat, Jan 10, 2015 at 2:41 PM, Clemens Ladisch wrote:
> > > There is something that cannot be derived from the descriptors.
> >
> > In a nutshell, what would someone who knew what they were doing do in this
> > situation?
>
> 1. Use some USB sniffer to find out what commands the Windows driver sends.
> 2. Reverse engineer the firmware.

I'm going to attempt to capture some USB data using this device in Windows. If
I do this, is there an accepted method for uploading the capture so it can be
posted here?

At this point, I'm not 100% sure what the capture format is going to be...

Cheers,

Keith