[alsa-devel] Boss GT-001

Ricard Wanderlof ricard.wanderlof at axis.com
Mon Oct 5 16:38:55 CEST 2015

On Mon, 5 Oct 2015, maillist at superlative.org wrote:

> More follow up. I've upgraded the kernel to 4.0.0-040000-generic with no
> improvement. I've recompiled the usb sound modules with debug support and am
> getting the following. Note that I'm getting a probe failure with error code
> -5. Is there any reference anywhere for what these errors are?

-5 would be an ordinary -E<foo> error code, looking in
/usr/include/asm-generic/errno-base.h (ultimately from the kernel's
uapi/asm-generic/errno-base.h) it would seem to be EIO (I/O error). Note
too informative, but at least it'll stem from some 'return -EIO' or
similar somewhere in the code. Must be some underlying function that is
having problems.

> Oct  5 13:51:47 KAMDesktop kernel: [  910.586812] snd-usb-audio: probe of
> 3-1:1.0 failed with error -5

/Ricard