[alsa-devel] Audio Mini Summit 2015, 8th October, Dublin

Mark Brown broonie at kernel.org
Mon Oct 5 01:17:52 CEST 2015

[This message is BCCed to everyone currently on the signup list]

As previously announce the audio mini-summit for this year will be this
Thursday (8th August) at CCD in Dublin.  Topics we currently have on the
list for discussion are:

 - Power saving and general system design decisions (is what we're doing
   lining up with modern hardware with things like multiple output
   streams?).
 - What to do with HDMI and its integration with graphics.
 - Test tools (Intel BAT and others).
 - BATCH flag.
 - ACPI simple-card and general generic card support.
 - Topology & media controller integration.
 - Kernel tinification.
 - Android <-> alsa-lib configuration translation.
 - HDA restructuring.
 - PCM core simplification - the code is currently quite complex!
 - Soundwire driver support plans.

If you're planning to attend and haven't done so already please sign up
at:

  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bi-8GHsqlzt41FR20WiMuWILe_cZowFireVMBd-QM8Q/edit?usp=sharing

Once I have details on the room & so on I will follow up to this mail
with both.  We'll also try and sort out some dinner on Thursday night,
if there are any special requirements for that please say (I'm assuming
that we will have at least some vegetarians).