[alsa-devel] [REANNOUNCE] Audio Mini Summit 2015, 8th October, Dublin

Arun Raghavan arun at accosted.net
Sun Oct 4 11:24:43 CEST 2015

Hi again, all,

On 22 September 2015 at 14:19, Arun Raghavan <arun at accosted.net> wrote:
> On 3 August 2015 at 08:45, Vinod Koul <vinod.koul at intel.com> wrote:

I was hoping to get just a bit more done before sending this out, but
there's not much time left before the audio meetup. I've been working
on a tool to make it a bit easier to translate Android XML
configuration to UCM. It's up at:

  https://github.com/ford-prefect/xml2ucm

The idea is to take the mixer_paths.xml, write a bit of extra
configuration as a separate file describing devices, use cases, etc.
and then have UCM output from that. You can see some example
configuration for the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact (aries) at:

  https://github.com/ford-prefect/xml2ucm/blob/master/examples/aries-l-config.xml
  https://github.com/ford-prefect/xml2ucm/blob/master/examples/aries-l-mixer_paths.xml

That particular configuration works fine for HiFi. I was hoping to get
the voice call config also done by now, but it's been a bit uphill
since I'm working without any specs.

I'm happy to hear feedback on whether this is useful, what else you'd
like to see if it is, and anything else you might have comments on.

Cheers,
Arun

p.s.: Yes, it's in Haskell, sorry about the added pain there. I'm
planning on having this also available as a simple web service so you
don't have to build it to use it (the README should have accurate
documentation on how to build, though).