[alsa-devel] M-audio 410 : complex procedure to get a sound

ROUGE ETIENNE etiennerouge at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 16 09:55:01 CET 2015

Hello !

I've just bought a M-audio firewire 410 and I'm very thankfull to
takashi's work that allows us to use the device almost like an USB one !

I can have sound and have access to the routing controls. However 2 bugs
makes it a bit tedious :

NOTE : I use an up to date freshly installed ubuntustudio 15.10. The
only modifications I made was 1) deleting pulse 2) select the soundcard
as default in asoundrc

1) I do not have sound out of the box, but I can manage to have sound by
starting ffado-mixer then force restart alsa. After that everything
works fine.... but I gotta do it at every restart which isn't nice

2) ffado-mixer suffers several bugs :
- if I close the window I can't restart it again unless I kill
ffado-dbus-server (it says : "another instance of ffado-mixer is already
running).
-  I got few errors on startup "invalid samplerate for input"... don't
know it it has any impact
- when I tweak too much ffado-mixer (AFAIK, it's random, but happens
within few minuts) the mouse shows a 'hand closed' cursor and I can't
click anything. The system remains fully functionnal, but I can't close
anything nor click... If I start an emergency terminal I can kill
whatever I want, but the problem remains.

I'll try with a fedora this evening to see if it's not related with
ubuntustudio, but I'd be glad to have some help with those 2 issues
(especially the stalling ffado-mixer)

thanks !

Etienne