[alsa-devel] ASoC Sound Driver I2S over LPE, Intel Baytrail SoC. MinnowBoard Max

Michael Pogrebinsky michael.pogrebinsky at daqri.com
Wed Nov 11 18:53:56 CET 2015

Hi Pierre,
Thank you for your reply,
Did you mean enabling and disabling LPSS and HDAudio in the BIOS or Kernel
config?
I checked in the BIOS and LPSS is enabled ( ACPI Mode). And I2C6 is enabled
as well.
Regarding the HDAudio - Do you mean South Cluster Configuration - >Audio
Configuration - >Audio Controller ? I see only 2 options there, LPE Audio
Support and
"Audio Controller
--Azalia VCi Enable
--Azalia Docking Support Enable
--Azalia PME Enable
--Azalia HDMI Codec"
I disabled it and it didn't make a difference,
LPE controller is enabled ( I tried both ACPI and PCI mode)

Regarding the dsdt_minnow.hex , I did not modify it, I simply run the
instruction and copied the hex file to include/.
The output of iasl command is :

iasl -tc dsdt_minnow.dsl

Intel ACPI Component Architecture

ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20140214-64 [Mar 29 2014]

Copyright (c) 2000 - 2014 Intel Corporation

dsdt_minnow.dsl   2780:             Method (XDEP, 0, NotSerialized)

Remark   2120 -                               ^ Control Method should be
made Serialized (due to creation of named objects within)

dsdt_minnow.dsl   2784:                     Name (_DEP, Package (0x01)

Remark   2089 -            Object is not referenced ^  (Name is within
method [XDEP])

dsdt_minnow.dsl   3570:                             Name (_T_0, Zero)

Remark   2011 -               Use of compiler reserved name ^  (_T_0)

dsdt_minnow.dsl   3672:                             Name (_T_0, Zero)

Remark   2011 -               Use of compiler reserved name ^  (_T_0)

dsdt_minnow.dsl   3774:                             Name (_T_0, Zero)

Remark   2011 -               Use of compiler reserved name ^  (_T_0)

dsdt_minnow.dsl   3876:                             Name (_T_0, Zero)

Remark   2011 -               Use of compiler reserved name ^  (_T_0)

dsdt_minnow.dsl   4607:             Method (_CRS, 0, NotSerialized)

Remark   2120 -                               ^ Control Method should be
made Serialized (due to creation of named objects within)

dsdt_minnow.dsl   4643:             Method (GDEP, 0, NotSerialized)

Remark   2120 -                               ^ Control Method should be
made Serialized (due to creation of named objects within)

dsdt_minnow.dsl   4647:                     Name (_DEP, Package (0x01)

Remark   2089 -            Object is not referenced ^  (Name is within
method [GDEP])

dsdt_minnow.dsl   7690:                 Method (_CRS, 0, NotSerialized)

Remark   2120 -                                   ^ Control Method should
be made Serialized (due to creation of named objects within)

dsdt_minnow.dsl   8194:             Method (SSCN, 0, NotSerialized)

Remark   2120 -                               ^ Control Method should be
made Serialized (due to creation of named objects within)

dsdt_minnow.dsl   8205:             Method (FMCN, 0, NotSerialized)

Remark   2120 -                               ^ Control Method should be
made Serialized (due to creation of named objects within)

dsdt_minnow.dsl   8216:             Method (FPCN, 0, NotSerialized)

Remark   2120 -                               ^ Control Method should be
made Serialized (due to creation of named objects within)

dsdt_minnow.dsl   8300:             Method (SSCN, 0, NotSerialized)

Remark   2120 -                               ^ Control Method should be
made Serialized (due to creation of named objects within)

dsdt_minnow.dsl   8311:             Method (FMCN, 0, NotSerialized)

Remark   2120 -                               ^ Control Method should be
made Serialized (due to creation of named objects within)

dsdt_minnow.dsl   8322:             Method (FPCN, 0, NotSerialized)

Remark   2120 -                               ^ Control Method should be
made Serialized (due to creation of named objects within)

dsdt_minnow.dsl   8407:             Method (SSCN, 0, NotSerialized)

Remark   2120 -                               ^ Control Method should be
made Serialized (due to creation of named objects within)

dsdt_minnow.dsl   8418:             Method (FMCN, 0, NotSerialized)

Remark   2120 -                               ^ Control Method should be
made Serialized (due to creation of named objects within)

dsdt_minnow.dsl   8429:             Method (FPCN, 0, NotSerialized)

Remark   2120 -                               ^ Control Method should be
made Serialized (due to creation of named objects within)

dsdt_minnow.dsl   8513:             Method (SSCN, 0, NotSerialized)

Remark   2120 -                               ^ Control Method should be
made Serialized (due to creation of named objects within)

dsdt_minnow.dsl   8524:             Method (FMCN, 0, NotSerialized)

Remark   2120 -                               ^ Control Method should be
made Serialized (due to creation of named objects within)

dsdt_minnow.dsl   8535:             Method (FPCN, 0, NotSerialized)

Remark   2120 -                               ^ Control Method should be
made Serialized (due to creation of named objects within)

dsdt_minnow.dsl   8659:             Method (SSCN, 0, NotSerialized)

Remark   2120 -                               ^ Control Method should be
made Serialized (due to creation of named objects within)

dsdt_minnow.dsl   8670:             Method (FMCN, 0, NotSerialized)

Remark   2120 -                               ^ Control Method should be
made Serialized (due to creation of named objects within)

dsdt_minnow.dsl   8681:             Method (FPCN, 0, NotSerialized)

Remark   2120 -                               ^ Control Method should be
made Serialized (due to creation of named objects within)

dsdt_minnow.dsl   8765:             Method (SSCN, 0, NotSerialized)

Remark   2120 -                               ^ Control Method should be
made Serialized (due to creation of named objects within)

dsdt_minnow.dsl   8776:             Method (FMCN, 0, NotSerialized)

Remark   2120 -                               ^ Control Method should be
made Serialized (due to creation of named objects within)

dsdt_minnow.dsl   8787:             Method (FPCN, 0, NotSerialized)

Remark   2120 -                               ^ Control Method should be
made Serialized (due to creation of named objects within)

dsdt_minnow.dsl   8913:             Method (SSCN, 0, NotSerialized)

Remark   2120 -                               ^ Control Method should be
made Serialized (due to creation of named objects within)

dsdt_minnow.dsl   8924:             Method (FMCN, 0, NotSerialized)

Remark   2120 -                               ^ Control Method should be
made Serialized (due to creation of named objects within)

dsdt_minnow.dsl   8935:             Method (FPCN, 0, NotSerialized)

Remark   2120 -                               ^ Control Method should be
made Serialized (due to creation of named objects within)

ASL Input:     dsdt_minnow.dsl - 9261 lines, 257789 bytes, 3258 keywords

AML Output:    dsdt.aml - 31359 bytes, 1147 named objects, 2111 executable
opcodes

Hex Dump:      dsdt_minnow.hex - 294325 bytes

Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 0 Warnings, 31 Remarks, 130 Optimizations

Thanks again for your help Pierre,

Michael

--

[image: DAQRI] <http://daqri.com/>

Michael Pogrebinsky

Senior Android Developer - DAQRI Smart Helmet Applications

*Tel:* *844-327-7443*

michael.pogrebinsky at daqri.com <stephen.keegan at daqri.com>
DAQRI.com <http://daqri.com/>