[alsa-devel] Question on USB Audio delay calculations

Ughreja, Rakesh A rakesh.a.ughreja at intel.com
Fri Nov 6 09:48:48 CET 2015

Hi Takashi,

I have a question regarding reporting of the "delay" in the USB audio driver.

While starting the endpoint from "prepare" (snd_usb_endpoint_start) for playback operation, it submits
empty URBs but it doesn't take them into account for "delay". When the start comes from user, the new
URB won't get submitted until the previous one completes, so shouldn't we increment the delay when
we submit the empty URBs before the actual start has come, because it does contribute to "delay".

I can submit the patch, if my understanding is right.

Regards,
Rakesh