[alsa-devel] DP1.2 MST audio support discussion

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 10:39:43 CET 2015

> So I'm asking my question again. What would happen (on Intel hardware),
if you stream audio to a converter node on the audio codec, and there is no
pin node connected to that converter node?

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git/commit/sound/pci/hda?id=d1f15e06b2af57228d11e33e06a172ff58f5bc1c

For alt analog playback device , it return EBUSY when DAC of HP is not
available (independent switch is OFF)

BTW, as pulseaudio does not support multi streaming (e.g. playing different
audio stream to HP and rear panel of desktop)

How can pulseaudio support displayport multi streaming ?