[alsa-devel] Unregister a card from userspace?

Ricard Wanderlof ricard.wanderlof at axis.com
Wed Nov 4 10:36:14 CET 2015

A sound card driver would normally call snd_soc_register_card() to
register its sound card with ALSA.

Is there some way to unregister the card from userspace?

My use case is that I have a card driver I'm working on as a module, and
while insmodding it works fine, I can't rmmod it because once
snd_soc_register_card() has been called, it has a usage count of 2 and
thus cannot be rmmod:ed.

/Ricard