[alsa-devel] wm8960 sleep time is too long when system suspend

Mark Brown broonie at kernel.org
Mon Nov 2 12:12:40 CET 2015

On Mon, Nov 02, 2015 at 04:44:04PM +0800, Zidan Wang wrote:

> Hi Mark,

Please fix your mail client to word wrap within paragraphs at something
substantially less than 80 columns.  Doing this makes your messages much
easier to read and reply to.

> In wm8960 codec driver, suspend_bias_off has been enabled. So when
> system suspend, the wm8960 codec will go to bias off, it will disable
> VMID and VREF, then sleep 600ms. It seems that 600ms is too long for
> system suspend.

> Because the wm8960 datasheet don't mentioned the sleep time, so i want
> to check with you if we can shorten the sleep time.

These times are totally normal for a VMID referenced CODEC like the
wm8960, attempting to ramp faster produces audible artifacting.