[alsa-devel] wm8960 sleep time is too long when system suspend

Charles Keepax ckeepax at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Mon Nov 2 10:18:55 CET 2015

On Mon, Nov 02, 2015 at 04:44:04PM +0800, Zidan Wang wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> In wm8960 codec driver, suspend_bias_off has been enabled. So when system suspend, the wm8960 codec will go to bias off,
> it will disable VMID and VREF, then sleep 600ms. It seems that 600ms is too long for system suspend.
>
> Because the wm8960 datasheet don't mentioned the sleep time, so i want to check with you if we can shorten the sleep time.

I can't say that I am explicit familiar with the required delay
there, but the comment in the code says that we are letting VMID
and VREF discharge, which I certainly could believe would take a
while. My guess would be that we likely weren't super excited
about putting a 600mS delay in, which probably means it was
necessary for some reason.

How much where you hoping to reduce it by? I can see if I can
find a hardware engineer who still remembers enough about the
part to discuss it with.

Thanks,
Charles