[alsa-devel] Audio play problem with tlv320aic3106 in mainline.

Enric Balletbo Serra eballetbo at gmail.com
Thu May 28 13:36:52 CEST 2015

Dear all,

Recently I sent some patches to add support for a new board based on
AM335x processor [1]. The board has the TLV320AIC3106 audio codec, the
MCLK signal is provided by an external oscillator of 12MHz. The
problem is that when I play a wav file for example I heard the song a
double speed. This is with v4.0 and current mainline.

In dts file I defined "ti,codec-clock-rate = <12000000>;" which is the
correct value. Curiously when I changed the clock rate value to
24000000 I heard the song at normal speed. AFAIK the correct value for
clock-rate is 12MHz so I suspect that something is wrong in the
driver, maybe it sets a wrong clock divider/multiplier ? Anyone can
point me in the right direction to fix the issue ? I see that
am335x-evm and am335x-pepper boards also uses this audio codec, did
anyone with those boards have the same problem?

[1] https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/6480071/

Thanks in advance,
Enric