[alsa-devel] Scarlett 18i8 hardware out of sync with AlsaMixer

Adam Goode adam at spicenitz.org
Wed May 27 03:39:22 CEST 2015

Linux 4.0.2-300.fc22.x86_64

Hi,

I have the Scarlett 18i8 USB device that is supported by the new
scarlett_mixer.c code. I am happy to say that the mixer code works in
most cases. But under some conditions, I cannot get any sound out of
the device until I go and toggle the "Matrix 01 Input" and "Matrix 02
Input" enums up and then down (from PCM 1 and PCM 2). This appears to
me to be some kind of cache invalidation bug, where the device is out
of sync with kernel mixer state.

I will take a look at the code myself at some point, but not for a
while. But I am happy to try patches if anyone comes up with anything
in the mean time.

Thanks,

Adam