[alsa-devel] PreSonus Information For Developers

Karl Swisher k_swisher at frontier.com
Fri May 8 04:09:49 CEST 2015

Hello all,

     I have what might be useful information to some developers but I do
not sure who or how to contact the right people.  I recently purchased a
PreSonus StudioLive AI 32.4.2 mixer.  Have it half way working under
Linux.  This mixer has a network connection in addition to the firewire
interface.  I've installed their software under VirtualBox and ran
tcpflow capturing packet content between the computer and the mixer.  I
have started creating text files of the packets of which below is an
example of their software performing functions like the mixer booting,
backing up, restore, and selecting the digital output channels 33
through 48.

55 43 00 01 06 00 4b 41 65 00 64 00
55 43 00 01 06 00 4b 41 65 00 64 00
55 43 00 01 06 00 4b 41 65 00 64 00
55 43 00 01 06 00 4b 41 65 00 64 00
55 43 00 01 06 00 4b 41 65 00 64 00
55 43 00 01 06 00 4b 41 65 00 64 00
55 43 00 01 06 00 4b 41 65 00 64 00
55 43 00 01 1d 00 46 52 65 00 64 00 01 00
Listpresets/scene 00 00

55 43 00 01 1b 00 46 52 65 00 64 00 01 00
Listpresets/channel 00 00

55 43 00 01 19 00 46 52 65 00 64 00 01 00
Listpresets/geq 00 00

55 43 00 01 19 00 46 52 65 00 64 00 01 00
Listpresets/reverb 00 00

     I'm trying to separate out the bin code from the text.

     Does anyone here know if there is value in this information or
anyone that might want it?  Have a few functions decoded in the format
above.

Thanks
Karl