[alsa-devel] need information about dapm events, bias and mute management

gpe gpe92 at free.fr
Tue May 5 02:58:17 CEST 2015

Hi,

I'm working on an asoc codec but I'm facing some problems with the DAPM events
the bias and the mute management.
The kernel is a 3.4.91.
Globally my codec is functionnal but I've some glitch.
By using DAPM events (PRE_PMU, POST_PMU) and bias management I've suppressed
the glitchs at the start but I've always some glitchs at the end of a playback.
I'm trying to suppress them with PRE_PMD but it not works.
When I test my code I see that some power off are done before the call of the
SND_SOC_DAPM_PRE_PMD event. Is it normal ?

Another question is regarding the mute management (snd_soc_dai_digital_mute)
which is done after all the power off ... I expected it to be done just at
the end of the playback.

Last question about the bias management (set_bias_level in
snd_soc_codec_driver). During the start I see the bias level incrementing but
during the stop there is no action on the bias level. Why ?

Regards.

PS: I'm a newbie on codec development so don't hit to hard on my head if my
questions are stupid. I've read many docs but I don't found a doc which
describes the interactions between the APIs.
PS2: sorry for my bad english.

--
+-------+
| gpe92 |