[alsa-devel] Realtek ALC662 issues - Intel DG41CN

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 18:35:10 CEST 2015

> I have recently installed Fedora 21 Mate on my desktop which runs on
Intel DG41CN motherboard with Realtek ALC662 Audio. Prior to this I
was running Linux Mint. It was working all fine then, I may have fixed
it when I had installed Mint two years ago but I do not remember what
was done then. I also run Windows 7 on the same machine and there is
no problem with the audio.

> So the problem I have is that there is no sound from my speakers. A
few times, there is a little "choppy" sound but thats it. When I put
the headphones on, the sound is there.

> I must also mention that I also installed Ubuntu Mate on it and faced
the same problem.

http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=1f6dd98e26f68e890258fa2fe5eb08ee343c5c13

>I will really appreciate any help. I am stuck bad here..

Any reason to use asus-mode1 ?

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git/commit/sound/pci/hda/patch_realtek.c?id=53c334add1e57bf96aec9b1fd927ff7746a7cb79

Seem asus-mode1 is a broken pin fixup since node 0x21 is not any pin complex

Node 0x21 [Vendor Defined Widget] wcaps 0xf00000: Mono

+ [ALC662_FIXUP_ASUS_MODE1] = {
+ .type = ALC_FIXUP_PINS,
+ .v.pins = (const struct alc_pincfg[]) {
+ { 0x14, 0x99130110 }, /* speaker */
+ { 0x18, 0x01a19c20 }, /* mic */
+ { 0x19, 0x99a3092f }, /* int-mic */
+ { 0x21, 0x0121401f }, /* HP out */
+ { }
+ },
+ .chained = true,
+ .chain_id = ALC662_FIXUP_SKU_IGNORE
+ },

Line out is muted when headphone jack is plugged

control.30 {
iface CARD
name 'Front Headphone Jack'
value true
comment {
access read
type BOOLEAN
count 1
}
}

Node 0x14 [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x40018d: Stereo Amp-Out
  Control: name="Speaker Playback Switch", index=0, device=0
    ControlAmp: chs=3, dir=Out, idx=0, ofs=0
  Control: name="Speaker Phantom Jack", index=0, device=0
  Amp-Out caps: ofs=0x00, nsteps=0x00, stepsize=0x00, mute=1
  Amp-Out vals:  [0x80 0x80]
  Pincap 0x0001003c: IN OUT HP EAPD Detect
  EAPD 0x2: EAPD
  Pin Default 0x01014010: [Jack] Line Out at Ext Rear
    Conn = 1/8, Color = Green
    DefAssociation = 0x1, Sequence = 0x0
  Pin-ctls: 0x00:
  Unsolicited: tag=00, enabled=0