[alsa-devel] getting the sound to work on my asus m6s00v

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 18:06:19 CEST 2015

> > It looks like the pin connection map as below:
> >
> > 0x14: external mic in jack
> > 0x15: external headphone jack
> > 0x18: internal mic
> > 0x1a: internal speaker
> > 0x1e: internal SPDIF Out
>
> noob question:
> how do I use this knowledge to get sound outout

http://git.alsa-project.org/?p=alsa-tools.git;a=blob;f=hdajackretask/README;hb=HEAD

No need to use hint hp_mic_detect=0 if you find the node of internal mic
and mic jack

7.3.3.15 Pin Sense
The Pin Sense control returns the Presence Detect status, EDID-Like Data
(ELD) Valid, and the impedance measurement of the device attached to the
pin.

Some codecs may require that the impedance measurement be triggered by
software; in that case, sending the Execute command will cause the
impedance measurement to begin.

The “Presence Detect” bit will always be accurate if that functionality is
supported by the widget.

Note that the Pin Complex Widget may support the generation of an
Unsolicited Response to indicate that the Sense Measurement (either the
Presence Detect or the Impedance) value has changed, the generation of
which implies that the measurement is complete.

Right Chnl:  Normally impedance sensing is done on the left channel or
“tip” of the connector.  However, Pin Widgets may optionally support
sensing on the right channel or “ring” of the connector.  When this bit is
1, the impedance value is taken on the right channel if the Pin Widget
supports this; if not supported, this bit is ignored.  When this bit is 0,
the left channel is sensed.

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git/tree/Documentation/sound/alsa/HD-Audio.txt