[alsa-devel] Intel SST on a Bay Trail tablet

Antonio Ospite ao2 at ao2.it
Wed Jun 24 13:25:16 CEST 2015

On Wed, 24 Jun 2015 15:46:13 +0530
Vinod Koul <vinod.koul at intel.com> wrote:

Hi Vinod, thank you for replying.

> On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 05:06:27PM +0300, Jarkko Nikula wrote:
> > My 2c below.
> >
> > On 04/14/2015 04:02 PM, Antonio Ospite wrote:
> > >On Wed, 4 Mar 2015 17:02:18 +0100
> > >Antonio Ospite <ao2 at ao2.it> wrote:

[...]
> > >Vinod, Subhransu, or anyone else, can you share some working alsa state
> > >files for the baytrailcraudio device in linux mainline?

This question still stands. :)

> > Question to Vinod et all too:
> >
> > I don't find above "ssp2 playback" and "ssp2 Capture" stream names
> > from sound/soc/intel/sst-mfld-platform-pcm.c so I guess it has been
> > evolved a bit from those original Android drivers.
> The upstream code is subset of one in Android but base stuff is still the
> same
>

> > Which makes me thinking how does those strings describe the SSP port
> > setup? E.g. do they reflect what port is actually used or could it
> > be possible that those are just driver strings but firmware could
> > have been tuned for SSP0? If I looked at earlier right, Teclast has
> > the low pin-count Baytrail without SSP2 but I'm not sure about that.
> The FW doesnt provide way to changes ports from driver in this, so this
> doesnt mean much. If we are sure it is not ssp2, I can provide ssp1 fw for
> test

Is it possible to figure it out from the Android firmware?
http://ao2.it/tmp/sst-baytrail-on-Teclast-X98-Air-3G/android_firmware/

As said earlier I had also tried to convert the Android firmware to the
structure used in the mainline kernel, but with no success:
http://git.ao2.it/sst_elf_firmware_convert.git/

Or should I look at the board layout to find out what port the codec is
connected to? I don't have an oscilloscope or a logic analyzer for more
accurate investigation (would Intel be interested in sponsoring one,
BTW?)

I will surely test alternative firmwares if you provide them.

Thanks,
   Antonio

P.S. in email messages, putting a blank line between the quoted text and
the reply helps readability; not all MUAs have syntax highlighting.

--
Antonio Ospite
http://ao2.it

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.