[alsa-devel] Intel Baytrail Linux Audio

Vinod Koul vinod.koul at intel.com
Wed Jun 24 12:11:15 CEST 2015

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 05:31:17PM -0400, Tyler Yeomans wrote:
> Hello Vinod,
Pls cc relevant mailing list, in this case alsa. I have cced Liam and Jarrko
as well

> I am writing to you because unfortunately I have exhausted my search
> and I am unable to get ALSA sound working on my Baytrail minipc.
> My dmesg only reports that: byt-rt5640 byt-rt5640: ASoC: CPU DAI
> baytrail-pcm-audio not registered
> aplay -l rightfully says there are no sound cards as the driver is
> not registered.
Can you give more details of your, does this enable HDA audio or I2S audio?

> I have acquired the firmware file from the chromium repo here (https://kernel.googlesource.com/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware/+/refs/heads/master/intel/fw_sst_0f28.bin-48kHz_i2s_master)
> as was directed by the OP in this forum post:
>
> But unfortunately it seems the driver is still not loading
> correctly, even on Ubuntu 15.04 with ALSA 1.0.28
Do you have dmesg for us to look at so that we can see what might be going
wrong

> I see on gmane you are working on Skylake driver, could your work
> there possibly be backported to the Baytrail/RT5640 chipset?
No they are entirely different hw, so it will not work. We have uostream BYT
driver and they should work

--
~Vinod