[alsa-devel] PulseAudio and SNDRV_PCM_INFO_BATCH

Lars-Peter Clausen lars at metafoo.de
Mon Jun 22 08:43:03 CEST 2015

On 06/22/2015 04:35 AM, Raymond Yau wrote:

>  >
>  > DMA_RESIDUE_GRANULARITY_BURST means it can report the position with a
> granularity of a few samples. Typically half the audio FIFO size.
>  >
>  >

> How many soc driver/platform dma engine support DMA_RESIDUE_GRANULARITY_BURST ?

Not sure, maybe half of them. But most of the time it is a software
restriction rather than a hardware restriction and more and more drivers are
supporting it.

> Are all soc audio driver use cyclic dma ?

I'm not sure I understand the question. All audio drivers use some kind of
cyclic DMA. ASoC platforms which do not have a dedicated audio DMA typically
use dmaengine for this, while others which have dedicated audio DMA do the
DMA as part of the audio driver.