[alsa-devel] No sound from Mac Pro headphone port

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 17:00:06 CEST 2015

> Has there been any progress on fixing this issue?
>
> It seems that no matter what combination of settings I try with
hdajackretask, I cannot get sound from the headphone port.

Can you post the output after you retasking ?

> Jack in / out plugged status is correctly detected. However, selecting
Headphones for output plays sound from the Line Out port. The Line Out port
selection works as expected. I can set separate volume levels for both
Headphone and Line Out but both selections play through the Line Out port.

Need your patched alsa-info when headpone unpluged and plugged

For the headset mic

Seem need  to recompile alsa driver since spec->parser_flags cannot be
changed by hint.

spec->parser_flags = HDA_PINCFG_HEADSET_MIC;

It also depend whether you alc889a need any vendor coeff