[alsa-devel] About kernel tlv320aic32x4 driver

Kimmo Saarela kimmo.saarela at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 10:31:02 CEST 2015

I have some patches to that driver and recently I ported those changes to
reasonably fresh kernel (4.1-rc7).

There are some changes that are bit distractible to current workings of the
driver. (mixer settings related)

Current mainline driver does nothing to connect unused inputs to common
mode (datasheet states that that shall be done) and in our testing that had
big impact on recorded audio quality.

I've added OF bindings that check which inputs to connect and where and
then connect unused inputs to common.

Should I just post my patches here or should I first test them against some
other kernel version?

 - Kimmo S.