[alsa-devel] Intel HDA & Realtek issues on ASUS G751JM

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 01:24:50 CEST 2015

> Jack functions numbered as seen in Asus PDF, copied from Realtek HDA:
> Jack 1:
> Headphone
> Front Speaker Out
>
> Jack 2:
> Mic In
> Center/Subwoofer Speaker Out
>
> Jack 3:
> Headphone
> Rear Speaker Out
>
> On Windows I don't need any reboot. hdajackretask was giving a warning
> and it didn't work only after rebooting.

Have you tested whether your dual headphone jacks work as expected ?

When auto parser find two headphone jacks and no line out  jacks,  it use
sequence number to check those headphone and dock headphone and put one
headphone jack in spec->line_out_pins

But your dual headphone jacks need sequence number to determine whether it
is use as headphone for front and headphone for surround

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/pulseaudio/pulseaudio/tree/src/modules/alsa/mixer/paths/analog-output-headphones-2.conf

AFAIK, no alsa  driver create Headphone2 playback volume nor Headphone2
playback switch controls