[alsa-devel] Default volume for all soundcards (-20dB by default?)

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Wed Jun 17 21:20:44 CEST 2015

On 2015-06-17 17:56, Jo wrote:
> Thanks David for your answer !
>
> I tried this in /usr/share/alsa/init/default  but it doesn't change
> anything (-20dB again on next reboot) :
>
> # Default ALSA volume levels and setting when initialization database fails.
> # [...]
> #
> # **************************************************************************
> # playback
> # **************************************************************************
>
> ENV{ppercent}:="75%"
> ENV{cpercent}:="75%"
> ENV{pvolume}:="-3dB"
>

> This sentence
>
> # Default ALSA volume levels and setting when initialization database fails.
>
> seems to show there is another database elsewhere, where should I try to
> set -3 dB ?

The database referred to is /var/lib/alsa/asound.state - this only
applies to sound cards never seen before. And potentially other files in
/usr/share/alsa/init that could override the default, but I suspect that
is not the case here.

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
https://launchpad.net/~diwic